Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017
So where are we with Axanar? If you are a donor, you hopefully read the email we sent out almost two weeks ago with the plan that outlined everything we are doing with Axanar and our financials and the report from the independent financial review committee. But some of you are fans and not (yet) donors and so a few people have asked questions. So here are some points to keep you up to date.
- At our Axanar Summtt, which happened about a month ago, We outlined the plan for Axanar, Axanar Productions, and the sound stage, Industry Studios. We will focus on Axanar for the moment.
- We are currently taking our script and using it as a basis for a new script that will be episodes 4 & 5 of The Four Years War documentary. Remember, Prelude to Axanar was episode 3. And while Prelude was 20 minutes, the two new episodes will be 15 minutes each to comply with our settlement agreement with CBS & Paramount and the Fan Film Guidelines.
- Episodes 4 & 5 will tell the story of the Battle of Axanar and pick up where the cliff hanger of Prelude to Axanar, left off.
- We will not be recasting Kharn. That role belongs to Richard Hatch, and we will deal with Kharn’s death in continuity.
- You will see new characters, including an Andorian Starfleet admiral and Kharn’s mentor…the last Thought Admiral.
If you read the financials we attached to the plan, you know that after 13 months of dealing with the lawsuit and paying rent, the money we had set aside for the production has been spent, all used for the purposes we stated in the Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns. (Although no donor money was spent on the lawsuit, nor was a dime of money paid out to myself). But to make episodes 4 & 5, we will need to raise more money. That will not be done publicly, but through a private campaign once the script is done and the budget is complete.
And while Diana and I work full time on Axanar, neither of us is taking a salary. We do this because we love Axanar and we have a commitment to you all.
So there you go, that is the high level plan for Axanar. Stay tuned for more!