Monday, June 25th, 2017
Well, it is finally done! The first draft of the Axanar screenplay, for the next two episodes of The Four Years War, is complete. And it is pretty damn cool! It is now out to a small group of our core team and a few of our biggest fans who we work with.
So far he feedback has been fantastic. Here are a few tidbits for you:
- The script follows the format of Prelude to Axanar, which was Part III of The Four Years War documentary series.
- We are making two 15 minute episodes, which are parts IV and V (Prelude was 20 minutes)
- You will see an Andorian Admiral and Vulcan and Andorian ship captains.
- You will get to meet Garth’s crew.
- We are not recasting Kharn, we could never replace Richard. But there is a new Klingon who is Kharn’s mentor.
- The script addresses both Kharn and Ramirez’ absence in very cool, in-universe ways.
- The script is a first draft, and will undergo changes as any script does.
- The script covers the lead up to the Battle of Axanar as well as the Axanar Peace Mission.
Now I will be focusing on pre-production while we re-write the script. Costumes, crew and casting are all high priority, and we will be of course talking directly to donors about funding the films.
So thank you and stay tuned as we get to making the next two installments of the Star Trek you all want to see!